Tuesday 2 September 2014

Day 2 - James' chapter

My piece today is called 'Ringing Changes' and is mostly written in conventional notation. The scoring is for any melody instrument and any percussion instrument. Its not a fast piece but is in near-constant motion, starting with a bell-like theme which develops slowly, incrementally, disjointedly across the piece.

My daughter Eva started school today, and evidently she learned that she can do anything (a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with) - including writing notes on my manuscript pad. She did, I have to say, a brilliant job. So I left her notes in the final score - they should be readable by a performer with some imagination! - making 'Ringing Changes' a joint effort. I hope that doesn't count as cheating.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how quickly she has grown and I'm delighted she managed to get in on this!

    ReplyDelete