Tuesday 16 September 2014

Day 16 - Paul's 16th Chapter

 Stress Mantra 
Sometimes life is too much and we count to ten. 

In this piece we all count to our own ten and perform up to three notes which feel natural to us at the end of each phrase of counting. Then we repeat until the room feels relaxed.

Just what an addled composer needs when he gets into the second half of a composition marathon like thirty days. 

There are rules which I set myself for the project - no electronic noodling; one sheet of A4 per day. No pre-printed manuscript paper. Just me, my brain and a nice black pen. I have found myself digging deep for ideas at times and at others I have tapped by head and a million thoughts have tumbled out. As James put it yesterday "you just have to write the day". 

This is like a video diary where the motion and sound will materialise later through the interpretation of others. 

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! I shall make much use of this one.

    ReplyDelete